Weston Dentist Explains What You Need to Know About Cerec Computer Aided Restorations
Cerec™ is the unique CAD/CAM system that allows patients to receive ceramic restorations in just one visit. These computer-aided restorations include inlays, onlays, veneers and crowns. It’s the most used dental CAD/CAM system worldwide. Cerec allows us creates high aesthetic metal free restorations without the need for impressions or temporaries.
The process starts with a 3D scan of the teeth. By simply gliding the camera over the teeth a full color 3D model of the teeth is generated. The Cerec software allows us to design a restoration quickly and easily without compromising precision and beauty. The dentist then simply fabricates the restoration using a ceramic block. After finalizing it, it’s then seated in the patient’s mouth.
Here are some of the reasons we offer this revolutionary system to our patients:
- Same day restorations
- It allows us to save more of the healthy tooth tissue
- The porcelain materials are chemically bonded to your tooth
- They can be custom stained to match your other teeth.
- The pure ceramic porcelain used is stronger than normal porcelain and are less likely to ever break
- Often a partial coverage restoration (inlay or onlay) can be completed instead of needing a full crown.
CEREC® is a registered trademark of Sirona Dental Systems.